The Government provides additional funding each year to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sports in Primary Schools. The funding is ring fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sports in schools.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. Schools have the flexibility to use it however they feel it will best meet the needs of their pupils, but overall it should:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
At the VLC, we provide students with a range of sporting and physical education opportunities, including the use of our Forest School facilities. We use the Sports Premium Funding to:
- Improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision.
- Use sport to increase pupils’ self-esteem and self-awareness.
- Provide CPD for staff especially in the area of using sport to support pupil’s mental health.
- To use sport as a means for re-connecting pupils positively with mainstream education.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to try new sports and activities.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to incorporate physical activity into all parts of the school day and other lessons (not just PE).
Please click on the documents below to see our current Sports Premium Plan which includes:
- How much funding we receive
- Details of how we will spend the funding and its intended impact, including sustainability
Currently no Y6 pupils meet age related expectations with regard to swimming.